South Burlington is a city on the rise, with a population of over 36,000 people and a growing economy. In this article, we’ll tell you all about what makes South Burlington such an amazing place to live and work. From its thriving economy to its dedication to environmental stewardship, read on to learn more about this vibrant community!
Things to do in South Burlington
South Burlington is a beautiful, thriving community with plenty to do. Whether you’re looking for a day of relaxation, shopping, dining or exploring the many attractions the area has to offer, there’s something for everyone in South Burlington. Here are just a few of the top things to do in South Burlington:
- Visit Lake Champlain – One of Vermont’s most picturesque lakes is just a short drive away from South Burlington. Rent a kayak, paddleboat, or fishing boat and take in the stunning views while you relax on the waterfront.
- Take a stroll through downtown – Browse boutiques and restaurants while taking in the historic architecture and architecture of downtown South Burlington. There’s also plenty of live music and other events happening throughout the year so be sure to check out the calendar!
- Take a hike or bike ride – If you’re looking for a more active day, head out for a hike or bike ride on one of South Burlington’s many trails. There are even some marked routes that allow cyclists and hikers to explore some of the city’s most scenic areas at their own leisure.
- Experience art – From contemporary works to traditional paintings, South Burlington has something for everyone when it comes to art. Check out one of the city’s many galleries or museums and see some of the world’s greatest art for yourself.
- Visit family-friendly attractions – South Burlington has plenty of attractions that are perfect for families. Take a trip to the Children’s Museum of Vermont, visit the zoo, or take in a show at the municipal theater. There’s something for everyone in South Burlington!
Hotels and Guest Accommodations
There are a number of different hotels and guest accommodations to choose from in South Burlington, Vermont. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington Vermont is a popular option, as is the Holiday Inn Express South Burlington. Both of these establishments are mid-level luxury hotels, so guests can be sure of a high level of quality and service.
La Quinta by Wyndham South Burlington is located 3.1 mi (5 km) from the University of Vermont and 3.1 mi (5 km) from Church Street Marketplace. This 85-room hotel has conveniences like free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free in-room WiFi.
Green Mountain Suites Hotel is located in downtown South Burlington, a 5-minute drive from the University of Vermont and 5 minutes from Church Street Marketplace.
Guests looking for something a bit more unique may want to consider staying at one of the area’s many beds and breakfast inns, such as the Blueberry Hill Inn or the Arrowhead Farm Inn. No matter what type of lodging you are looking for, you are sure to find it in South Burlington, Vermont.
Restaurant in South Burlington
If you’re in the mood for some good eats, South Burlington is the place to be. From casual diners to trendy bistros, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Here are a few of our favorite restaurants in town:
Blue Moose is a locally owned and operated restaurant that serves up American cuisine with a twist. Their menu features items like elk tartare and braised short rib with wild mushroom grits.
The Brass Tap
The Brass Tap is a tavern-style restaurant that serves up fresh, made-to-order meals. They have a wide variety of beers on tap, as well as an extensive wine list.
Café du Monde
Café du Monde is a New Orleans-inspired café that offers Creole cuisine from breakfast through dinner. They’ve got all your classic favorites, like red beans and rice and gumbo, but they also have some unique dishes like beignets with bourbon maple syrup.
There are dozens of other restaurants in South Burlington that would be worth checking out, so be sure to explore all of the options!
If you’re looking for a vibrant community with a diverse economy and a commitment to environmental stewardship, South Burlington is the place for you. This thriving city offers everything from top-notch education opportunities to plenty of recreational options, all while being situated in one of the most picturesque parts of Vermont. Whether you’re looking to start your own business or just explore what this wonderful town has to offer, I highly recommend giving it a try!